Although the platform has experienced some declines in popularity over time, it still boasts close to 3 billion monthly active users (MAUs), making it the most popular social media site overall.
Facebook has always been one step ahead of the competition by reimagining itself, whether it was with its famous rebranding as Meta, its robust advertising capabilities, or its integration of Instagram’s most popular features.
Knowing the most up-to-date Facebook statistics is essential if you want to strike it rich on the platform.
With over 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook continues to dominate in terms of audience size, as shown by usage data. And that’s an increase of 6.2% from 2021 numbers.
When it comes to the total number of Facebook users, India still comes in first, followed by the United States, Indonesia, and Brazil.
According to Statista, men between the ages of 25 and 34 make up the largest demographic group on Facebook, while women in this age range make up 12.6% of total active users worldwide.
For more demographic data from Facebook, see:
- The number of people using Facebook every month has increased to 2.96 billion, a 2% increase from the previous year.
- The number of Facebook’s daily active users hit 1.98 billion in the third quarter of 2022, up 3 percent from the same period the year before.
- Nearly nine in ten American adults (79%) are active Facebook users.
- Almost 349.7 million people in India are active Facebook users, making it the country with the largest Facebook audience.
- Facebook also has a large user base in the United States (182.3 million), Indonesia (133.8 million), and Brazil (114.7 million).
- Female Facebook users make up 12.6% of the 25-34 age group, compared to 18.4% of the male population, as reported by Statista.
- Facebook receives 11.2 billion visits per year, has 1.5 billion unique visitors, and has an average visit duration of 31 minutes, making it the third most visited website in the world.
- Seventy-five percent of those with high incomes are active Facebook users.
- On a daily basis, 1.98 billion people access Facebook.
- Facebook is the third most popular app in the world.
- The number of people who use Facebook Messenger is close to 1,300,000,000.
- The typical adult in the United States spends 30 minutes and one second per day on Facebook.
- The typical Facebook user logs 19.6 hours per month.
- The average daily Facebook usage time is 33 minutes.
- Approximately 39.8 percent of the global population logs on to Facebook at least once a month.
- Most Facebook users (98.5%) only use the app on their mobile phones.
- From 71% in 2014/2015 to 32% in 2022, Facebook use among American teenagers plummeted.
- About 85 percent of all smartphone owners also have the Facebook app.
- About three-quarters (71%) of all adults in the United States are active Facebook users.
- A recent count put the number of Facebook groups at over 10 million.
- Over seventy million people worldwide serve as administrators or group moderators for active Facebook groups.
- The daily volume of Facebook Stories is 1 billion.
- Among Facebook’s adult user base in the United States, 91% log in at least once per day and 49% do so multiple times throughout the day.
- In the United States, 31% of Facebook users get their news there.
- A significant percentage of Facebook users (16%) are impostors or duplicates.
Facebook engagement is any time a user of your ads, groups, or pages interacts with one of your posts or comments. Likewise, this includes comments, shares, and visits.
The amount of attention each of your posts receives is recorded, as well as the total attention your group and page receive.
In 2018, over 4 billion videos were viewed daily on Facebook, proving that the platform’s users continue to be enthusiastic spectators.
And among U.S. residents aged 16 and up, 60.8% favour Facebook over TikTok for viewing short videos. The decision to launch Reels on Facebook was a brilliant move on Meta’s part.
As a corollary, roughly 57% of businesses agree that Facebook stories have played a significant role in promoting their products.