In this category is the app TikTok, which spread like wildfire. People are rushing to the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store to get their hands on this popular app. Like developers, marketers at various corporations are trying to figure out if and how they can promote their products and services using this app.
Understanding the factors that led to this app’s meteoric rise in the social media sphere is the goal of this discussion. It’s safe to say that young people are TikTok’s target audience. In light of its expansion, it now provides advertisers with a number of different avenues for placing their ads. Even so, TikTok’s administration is taking some additional steps to inform users about safe app behaviour.
Read on for some helpful information if you intend to promote your business using this app.
A Brief Overview of TikTok
If you are familiar with Vine, you will have no trouble learning to use TikTok.
Most of the app’s users posted videos to Musical.ly, another app where they lip-synced to music videos. Members who had more skill, knowledge, and ability in these areas typically contributed original works. In time, the latter group rose to prominence as TikTok’s most influential users.
Although the maximum length of a single TikTok video is 15 seconds, users can combine multiple clips into a single 60-second video. If you’re a user, you might also think about sharing longer videos that you shot with another tool.
TikTok provides a number of tools and filtering systems, including a live-streaming option, to help users improve the quality of their published videos.
Developers of this app tuned it to current standards of use. Its target demographic is people interested in novel forms of interpersonal interaction. Managers of the Android and iOS platforms have presented data suggesting that TikTok is one such app that is resonating well with its target audience.
How, then, might one put TikTok to use in advertising? Putting this app to use in marketing campaigns is a lot less complicated than you might think.
If you’re thinking about advertising on TikTok, you can rely on one of the three options below.
- By employing influencers, you can have your content seen by a larger, more specific audience.
- Make a channel for your company and upload videos about your industry.
- TikTok’s new ad campaign options make it possible to pay for the debut of advertisements. It’s up to you, but until the market stabilises, I wouldn’t recommend using this feature.
TikTok is the best platform for you if you want to use humour and originality in your advertising. Some examples of such possibilities are provided below.
- You, as a marketer, are probably aware that customers’ scepticism of commercials is on the rise. A possible response in this situation would be to upload raw footage to TikTok. There is no better way to demonstrate the value of your brand’s products and services than by showing them in action.
- If your product requires assembly before use, you can help your customers out by posting how-to videos on TikTok. You will demonstrate the product’s assembly in these videos. There’s also the option of connecting it to the packaging you use.
- TikTok is a great place to share raw, in-the-moment footage. In what ways can these videos help your business? Take a look at these illustrations for clarification.
- Using live TikTok video sessions, your company’s HR department can make training sessions much more engaging for all participants.
- Landing pages can be a great way to get people interested in your lead magnets and interested in your business.
- TikTok is a great platform for independent boutiques to share their popular “try-on” videos with the world. Consider making videos throughout the entire season. Just keep them snappy and humorous. Make the videos more engaging by including your own hip music.
- With such a large number of young users, TikTok is ideal for targeting college and university advertisers as well as college and university students themselves. Campus sports, dance marathons, BTS, and other student-produced content are heavily represented. There’s no doubt these videos will be successful.
- With TikTok, well-known and respected clothing labels will quickly see the fruits of their labour
Using this app can have significant positive effects for eateries. Among the many fast food franchises, Chipotle was the pioneer in using this medium to promote their brand. Recently, the brand launched a second TikTok media campaign #GuacDance Challenge. It pushed its audience to get up and show off their best avocado-themed dance moves. The “Guacamole Song” by Dr. Jean was a huge hit, and it served as an inspiration to his many admirers.